Alvotech is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to become one of the leaders in the biosimilar market. Alvotech is an independent sister company of the international pharmaceuticals company Alvogen. The company is headquartered in Reykjavik, Iceland, and has an increasingly global presence and a broad network of partners around the world.
The analytical team comprises of 15 employees working on early biosimilar development. The majority of methods required to characterize the function of biosimilar proteins are performed on site, including protein-protein binding assays based on ELISA, electrochemiluminescence (ECL) or surface plasmon resonance (SPR) as well as cell-based assays. The Jülich site is specialized on early research and development work and is the center of excellence for early development within the Alvotech family.
The most important tasks:
- Independent planning, execution and evaluation of SPR/binding data.
- Scientific leadership in method development.
- Creation and processing of development and protocol documents.
- Creation and processing of analytical reports for biosimilarity exercises.
- Summary and presentation of results in meetings.
- Guide technical staff.
- The team leader would be part of the analytics department reporting to the head of binding and bioassays department.
- The team leader would lead a team of technical staff and scientists in the field of steady state and kinetic binding analytics.
- Science or engineering degree preferably with Ph.D (or equivalent) in Biological Sciences (biology, biochemistry) or Biophysics with 3-5 years of experience in biotechnology and biochemical / protein interaction analysis.
- Extensive experience in the development of methods and data analysis for kinetic binding measurements (SPR or other method) and steady-state affinity (ELISA / ECL) protein interactions.
- Knowledge and experience with the Biacore system, highly desirable.
- Experience in the analysis of biopharmaceutical products (antibodies / proteins)
- Deep scientific understanding of biophysical interactions of proteins and the impact of protein modifications on these interactions.
- Experience in high throughput screening would be desirable.
- Broad scientific knowledge, „out-of-the-box“-thinking, proven trouble-shooting skills
- Engaging personality, very organized work style
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Very good command of English is a must, German is highly beneficial
- Extensive leadership experience of lab personell
What we offer:
In return to the high expectations and a very challenging environment at Alvotech we promote you in bringing forward ideas, lead change and offer opportunities for your personal development and growth (both scientifically and with regards to leadership / management) in an international company.
Please send your complete curriculum vitae in English, including references, important certificates your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date (all in one pdf document) by applying online to Alvotech Germany GmbH Human Resources:
For enquiries or questions about the position, please contact Iris Landen at firstname.lastname@example.org