We are looking for an analytical development scientist to join our team of dedicated employees within the physicochemical methods group in Analytics – Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Reykjavik, Iceland
Key responsibilities and work assignments:
- Analytical method development and validation of physicochemical methods required for product characterization, stability and release testing of our biosimilar products.
- Performing analytical measurements on development samples to support drug substance and drug product development.
- Analytical data collection, interpretation and ensuring proper documentation of experimental data.
- Writing of method development protocols and reports
- Creation and processing of analytical reports for biosimilarity exercises.
- Summary and presentation of results in meetings.
- Generating qualification/validation documentation and execute the validation of analytical methods
The position is within the physicochemical methods group in Analytics – Pharmaceutical Sciences. The key technologies utilized by this group include: Liquid Chromatography (HPLC, SEC, CEX, N-Glycan etc), Electrophoresis (CE-SDS, cIEF), various methods for identification and characterization of particulates (MFI, DLS etc) as well as various spectrophotometric methods (UV/VIS, FTIR, CD etc). New employees are given extensive training in the analytical methods that they have to perform.
- Communication skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Will be required to participate and make positive contribution to team meetings.
- Linguistic skills: Fluent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Computer literacy:Proficient in use of a PC and common Microsoft packages such as Word, and Excel and the ability/interest to learn new software programs required.
- Attention to detail and precise work habits.
- Excellent skills in collecting data and accurately maintaining laboratory notebooks.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment to deliver against timelines and goals.
- Education: Sc/M.Sc./PhD in a relevant scientific discipline and/or direct industry experience, or 3-5 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical sector.