At our development site in Jülich, Alvotech focuses on cell line, process and analytical assay development for its biosimilar pipeline. You will be part of the early upstream development team and take responsibility for development and characterization of manufacturing processes using a variety of mammalian suspension cell line. Your tasks will also include activities in process scale-up and transfer.
Most important tasks of the job:
- Plan, coordinate, execute and evaluate cell culture experiments at different scales (15 ml up to 10 l)
- Design and trigger process characterization and robustness studies
- Contribute to a successful scale-up of developed processes
- Organize technical process transfers in cooperation with the USP team in Reykjavik
- Actively communicate with and support other departments (g. cell line development, analytical development) during execution of the biosimilar projects
- Supervision of lab personell (currently 3 FTEs)
- Compilation of QA compliant development reports, SOPs and technology transfer documents
- Qualification and responsibility of lab equipment
- Presentation of relevant data in internal (g. group and cross-functional) and external meetings (e.g. conferences, work shops)
You will be part of the early upstream development team and report directly to the department head. You will supervise a team of scientists.
- PhD in biochemistry, biotechnology, biology or related with relevant hands-on experience (preferably from industry) in the above-mentioned areas and expert knowledge in one of the fields (media/feed development, scale-up, HTP screening, bioreactor control), especially with automated miniature bioreactors at milliliter scale
- Sound knowledge of bioreactor design, control strategies and scale-up principles
- Good scientific understanding of impact of process changes on protein quality
- Experience in high throughput screening and application of DoE and QbD principles, ideally worked with Ambr15
- Broad scientific knowledge, engaging personality
- Very good presentation and writing skills
- Very good command of English is a must, German is highly beneficial
- Leadership experience of lab personell
What we offer:
At Alvotech we offer the opportunity for personal development and growth (both scientifically and with regards to leadership / management) in an international company as we encourage employees in bringing forward ideas and take part in leading change.
Please send your complete curriculum vitae in English, including references, important certificates your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date (all in one pdf document) by applying online to Alvotech Germany GmbH.
For enquiries or questions about the position, please contact Iris Landen at email@example.com